Corporate History

September 1954 The late Shigeyuki Saita began a private business as a contractor for machinery design in Higashirokugo, Ota-ku, Tokyo.
September 1955 Chuo Design Co., Ltd. was established with a capital of 6 hundred thousand yen.
March 1958 Began business with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., based in Kasadera, Minami-ku, Nagoya.
August 1963 Built Saita Building in Nishi-kamata, Ota-ku, and relocated office. Changed corporate name to Chuo Engineering Co., Ltd.
December 1968 Relocated Nagoya branch office to Horita-dori, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya.
April 1972 Introduced five day workweek system.
April 1974 Expanded into rocket fuselage and engine design sector in Nagoya area.
May 1980 Relocated headquarters and Tokyo Administration Head Office to Ginza, Chuo-ku.
December 1982 Established Nagoya Administration Head Office in Chiyoda, Nagoya.
April 1984 Set up new electronics & electrical design department in Tokyo area.
Began business with Fujitsu.
August 1985 Opened Kasadera office in Kasadera, Minami-ku, Nagoya, and relocated Nagoya Administration Head Office.
July 1987 Opened Komaki office in Honjo, Komaki, Aichi.
April 1993 Expanded into the field of software in Nagoya area.
May 1994 Relocated and integrated headquarters and Tokyo Administration Head Office to Shinkawa, Chuo-ku.
September 1995 Opened Sendai office (in the city of Sendai).
July 1997 Opened Fukuoka office (in the city of Fukuoka).
August 1999 Relocated headquarters to Ichiban-cho, Chiyoda-ku. Relocated Tokyo Administration Head Office to Takatsu-ku, Kawasaki, and changed the name to the Tokyo Division. Also changed the name of the Nagoya Administration Head Office to the Nagoya Division.
December 2001 Opened Kakamigahara Office (in the city Kakamigahara).
April 2002 Expanded into the automotive design department.
July 2003 Opened Kariya Office (in the city Kariya).
September 2004 Celebrated 50 year anniversary of company's founding.
August 2005 Acquired JIS Q 9100 and ISO9001 certification.
October 2007 Opened Kanayama office in Kanayama, Naka-ku, Nagoya, and relocated Nagoya Division.
July 2010 Completed corporate name and trademark registration.
Participated and featured an exhibit, as a member of JAIF, in the Farnborough International Airshow in 2010.
June 2011 Participated and featured an exhibit, as a member of JAIF, in the International Paris Air Show in 2011.
April 2012 Opened Osaka Office (in the city Osaka).
July 2012 Relocated headquarters to Kojimachi, chiyoda-ku.
October 2012 Participated and featured an exhibit,as a member of JAIF,in the JAPAN INTERNATIONAL AEROSPACE EXHIBITION in 2012.
February 2014 Participated and featured an exhibit,as a member of JAIF,in the Singapore Airshow in 2014
May 2014 Opened Utsunomiya Office (in the city Utsunomiya).
September 2014 The 60th anniversary of foundation is celebrated.
April 2016 Certified "Eruboshi"
August 2016 Opened Nagoya Office (in the city Nagoya)
and relocated Nagoya Division and Nagoya Training Center

to Top